Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Biscuits are Burning!!!!

Yesterday I was I was rushing out the door to go to a play date I realized Adelle only had one pair of clean jeans, and they were wet. They weren't pee pee wet, but she had spilled my water bottle all over herself earlier that day. We were so late I did my "quick fix" I've done before, but never with jeans. I put them in the microwave. I supervised them for the first 45 seconds with no negative effects, they steamed beautifully. I walked away for the last minute. Bad bad mistake. I came downstairs to smoke. Inside the microwave.....FIRE. Great. Did the smoke alarm go off? No. I threw water on it and put it out. Now I had no jeans for Adelle, a smoke-filled house, and a broken microwave.
Want to know what really erked me?
Read on.
Today I made bacon. After 10 seconds of the bacon frying on the pan, the smoke alarm went off.
It's so reasuring to know that my house is safe from bacon, not fire.


  1. That is hilarious! Save us from the bacon!

  2. This was to funny! It seems that my smoke alarm goes off at weird times also, gotta love it.

  3. Must have been the metal rivets/zipper/snaps

  4. OH NO! ARG! I'm just glad you are okay. But I HATE being the grown-up who has to clean up the messes and fix everything and get life back to working order. Good luck, friend.

  5. All I have to say is "I sure love you sister!" You crack me up!