Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Training at Church?

Today was the first day of chuch that Adelle has been "potty trained". I guess I should give an udpate, potty training is going really really well. At home she initiates pottying all by herself. But when we go out.....thats a much wetter story. She's still scared of big pottys so I usually have to bribe her with chocolate and than sit her on my lap on the toilet. Oh yes, it can be done, NO pictures to follow.
*
The first time in the bathroom at church she didn't want to sit on my lap on the toilet. I had to coax her with my kind and reasuring words for all in the bathroom to hear:
*
Me: OK Adelle, come sit on my lap.
*
Adelle sits on lap willingly
*
Me: GOOD job Adelle! Now can you go pee pee?
Push, come on, try! Come on Adelle go pee pee, go pee pee go pee pee go pee pee
*
Adelle: pushing and grunting souds
*
PAUSE
*
tinkle tinkle
*
How can you not scream from the mountain tops for that? She MUST be praised! And then, because I wanted her to do it again and feel that wonderful PRIDE I felt I HAD to sing the "Pee Pee in the Potty" song which we usually do. Of course she sang back.
*
It's funny because I am sure everyone in the bathroom heard this wonderful process from babe to girl hood. If I been that someone in the bathroom listening to all of this I would have been grinning from ear to ear.
*
So why do I never get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment