Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh My Goodness...

"Oh My Goodness" is how I am feeling right now. I have been a horrible blogger because I feel like I don't have anything important to say. But then when I do blog I have a lot of catching up to do. So here we go.
Ryan and I got two foster boys 4 days ago. They are brothers, age 8 and 10. They are over-all good boys but it has been an adjustment. AND as always happens Ryan is either not home when I get a placement, or he leaves the next day. The latter happened this time.
So our whole family, Francis', Campbells and Olsens all decided to go to the fair today. It was raining off and on, I had two babies and two older boys and had no husband to help. Very thankfully my WHOLE family helped out, they were pushing my stroller, holding and attending to my children and blessing me with wonderful conversation. I felt like I had 4 kids to take care of and no hands of my own to do it. The whole time I kept thinking how much I loved my family. It was quite comical to me because there were 4 Mom's, 2 Dad's, and 11 kids and we just shared children. We each just kept track of whichever group of kids happened to be right in front of us at the time. Now THATS what I call team parenting.
These pictures are evidence of my inability to focus on one thing more than 2 seconds. They stink. These are the only good pictures I got at the fair.







The Goods:
I got to spend fun time with my family.

I got to see some very cute animals.

I didn't have any major melt downs from the foster boys or Adelle.

I didn't run out of money.

I didn't have to pay for parking (we walked)


The Bads
Adelle's diaper leaked through her pants. (white trash Mom here)

I had to rely on others to help.

My foster boys were'nt as grateful as they should have been.

Lydia was hungry and tired the whole time.

I didn't get to go on rides, eat fair food or buy anything.

I didn't get to enjoy the fair with Adelle.






Really in the end my family outdid the bads so much so that I can say I had a really fun time. AND I get to enjoy the fair fireworks (which just started right now) from the comfort of my own warm/non-rainy home.




3 comments:

  1. That sounds like such an adventure! Good for you for getting out and doing things. I miss the fair! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun fiasco! I love seeing our family grow! The best was to walk just behind the herd and get a glimpse of the chaos from others perspective! You are a wonderful Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love that you can walk from your house, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete